Saturday, December 14, 2013

Disappointing First Day

In our first run of the day, I spoiled it by dropping a bar myself! I got a little too close to a jump and hit the standard (which may have been taller than I'm used to) with my hand, causing the bar to drop. Otherwise it was a nice run.

Then another bar dropped in our second run today, but this time it was Mr D at fault, not me. I think he was full of energy from being cooped up all day, so he came out jumping big and early (something I thought I had schooled out of him these past few months). It caught up with him at the triple.

Mr D is apparently different from other dogs.  Other people come home from a day like that and say their dogs are tired and just want to rest and sleep. When we got back to the hotel, Darcy raced up and down the hotel hall for a while, then dragged us around outside for a while, then wrestled with me in the room for a while. And then wanted to do more. He is six years old and still very high energy. I'll have to try to figure out how to keep him busier on this sort of day, without tiring him out too much to run. It's a delicate balance. 

So overall a disappointing day. But as always we learned things and will keep trying to get better. Plus we ended it nicely, with a really fun dinner out with friends at Joe's Crab Shack. 

Video of Standard run: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf4hXHuaxzM
Video of Jumpers run: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaqhU2ILmLg

No comments:

Post a Comment